working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

day 2

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!
i have to say, i spent a lot of time thinking about how i promised to blog my menu again... so i think it helped. kind of.

breakfast:
vegan cinnamon roll from Cinnaholic (it was uh-mazing.. and i don't even feel bad)

lunch:
homemade superfood (recipe below.. kinda)
1 cup multigrain cheerios
handful hemp plus granola

snack:
4 ritz crackers (i forced myself to stop)

dinner:
barbacua salad from chipotle
10 tortilla chips

not too shabby... in the morning i actually did make myself coffee, but was feeling so crappy that i didn't drink it. and.. note: when i ate the cheerios and granola, what i REALLY wanted was a big fat bowl of cookies. but i held back, and was really proud of myself.

I HEART SUPERFOOD!!!! my superfood smoothie didn't turn out quite as well as i would have hoped.. but i think that's because my ratios were off. i needed more OJ and less frozen fruit. it was kinda watery-tasting.

2 cups mixed frozen fruit (i used a blend of strawberries, banana, mango, & papaya)
1 cup OJ
1 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder (this is what makes the odwalla superfood green!)

put fruit and juice in blender, and gradually add spirulina powder while blending is going. i was worried it would clump, so i mixed it with some juice and poured it in. i'll adjust my ratio next time, but overall this was my attempt to stop spending $3 for the odwalla drinks at the store.

hasta manana!

3 comments:

You can call me, Hammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
You can call me, Hammy said...

Those vegan cinnamon rolls are DELICIOUS! My vegan boss brought some in for us a couple months ago for our staff meeting and it was super yum!

Good luck, Jen! I'll be over here cheering for you while snacking on Cookies. ;) hee hee hee. Just kidding.

(sorry about the first comment. It had a typo)

jennifer said...

lol. no worries - you know how i feel about typos. thanks for the support!