working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

progress..

well i've done okay so far this week.. i've been writing down everything, even the naughty stuff. kris and i went to tgif and we had.. *gasp* the sesame chicken strip appetizer. but it was totally worth it.

since i used so many points on sunday i've discovered new filling yummy snacks:

light string cheese and turkey. sooooooooo good for 2 points!

tuna and avocado. yes, sounds weird.. but the avocado has this buttery texture that cuts the dryness of the tuna. i ate that for lunch at work twice. delicioso!

lightfull smoothies - the best way to spend 1 point, in my opinion (other than vitatops). i love the cafe latte... and it prevents me from eating right before i go to sleep in the morning

and i've tracked EVERYTHING this week. i'm so proud. we'll see what my weight is on friday, considering i haven't weighed myself in like a month. we shall see.

5 comments:

1LB to the Goal said...

YAY good for you for exploring different foods, and tracking them all. I'm sure you'll see success at weigh-in!

The Grateful Photographer said...

Wow!! I'm so inspired by your amazing cookies! I want to go home and bake now!! Do you mind telling us how you do it? What kind of icing do you use? How do you make them so that the colours don't run into each other? How do you get the different shapes? AMAZING!!!

The Grateful Photographer said...

Wow!! I'm so inspired by your amazing cookies! I want to go home and bake now!! Do you mind telling us how you do it? What kind of icing do you use? How do you make them so that the colours don't run into each other? How do you get the different shapes? AMAZING!!!

jennifer said...

i don't mind sharing my 'secret's at all!

i use the standard 'royal icing' which is 4cups confectioner's sugar, 3tbsp meringue powder, and 8-10tbsp of water (depending on the consistency you want)

unless the icing is really watery and the colors are completely contrasting, they don't run very much. and even then, it's not very noticeable. a lot of the standard shapes i have cutters for (hearts, butterflies, numbers, etc) but some of the more interesting ones i cut out by hand using a template made from cardboard (like the fruits and veggies)

it's so much fun!!! the more you do it, the better you get =)

The Grateful Photographer said...

It's taken me 3 days at work to find your blog again! (I'm on the WW community board- Skinnyinsummer). Have done a bit of research and there are some fab shapes you can buy online, am going to invest.

I saw one baker who seems to pipe a line around the cookie and then fill it in- do you know anything about this?

Well done on your weight loss- so tricky when you like to bake!!

You should totally go professional with it- I had a look at ones that they're selling online, and they're not as good as yours!!