working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

hi.. it's me. i'm alive.

UGGGGHHH school has been KICKING MY ASS lately! on top of that, I've been mildly depressed about my fat-ness for about a month now. It's like constant low-level depression that makes me feel blue every time I think about how I look. I have issues, I know.

Anywho.. here's what I had for breakfast this morning, and it was FANTASTIC:



1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup 'quick cooking' steel-cut oats (because I'm too lazy to stand at the stove and stir the regular ones for an hour.. although they probably taste better)
1/2 cinnamon stick
2 tsp ground flaxseed
1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla (pure madagascar - not imitation! it makes a difference, I swear!)
1/8 cup pecans, chopped

Make the oats according to package instructions, adding the flaxseed and cinnamon stick to the boiling water with the oats. When they're almost finished cooking (this was about 6 minutes for me), add the blueberries, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir, cover and finish cooking (a couple more minutes). This allows the blueberries to plump up a bit and release some of their flavor into the oats. Spoon into 2 bowls and garnish with pecans.. I really like the crunch they add. YUM! (8 points + value per serving)

It was delicious, and I don't like blueberries all that much. They added a great tart burst and went well with the oats. Also, it kept me full for a LONG time. Gotta love that! Anywho.. I'm tired but I'll update on my weight loss stress soon...

No comments: