working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

WOOOHOOO!!! (and april fool's)...

First and foremost.. WW is going really well for me. I'm not limiting myself, still going out and having fun.. and making a lot of good choices. I've lost a total of 7 pounds so far.. plus the tad more I lost when I resumed my blog. I can't wait to get back into the 180's again!!!

I do need to exercise more.. but I was proud of myself for choosing to walk to BART instead of driving when I went to the A's game the other day.. it was a good choice considering I had 3 beers =X

Anyways.. although April is more than halfway done - I made a cute 'April Fool's'  dinner for Kris on the big day. I'm not so good at pulling off pranks (as opposed to my brother who staged a skateboarding accident when he was in high school and scared the crap out of my mom.. it was full-on: fake blood, friend running to get my mom, neighbor 'calling' 911.. mean - but so funny looking back on it).. so I went with something I know how to do - cook!


I made meatloaf 'cupcakes' and banana 'eggrolls':
For the meatloaf, I used my favorite recipe from Cooking Light. It made 8 'cupcakes' and they only took about 20 minutes to bake. The 'frosting' was my standard mashed potatoes: russets with a mixture of almond milk, low-sodium chicken broth, and brummel & brown yogurt butter (if you warm up all the liquids together you tend to use less and they still turn out super creamy - especially if you use a hand mixer). I garnished them with chive 'sprinkles'.. it was fun! when Kris first came home he was like - "why is there a cupcake on my dinner plate??" (even funnier considering he's not a huge fan of sweets).
For dessert, I made banana 'eggrolls'.. not quite as funny, but it's what I had on hand. I quartered and then sliced the banana lengthwise - giving me 8 long pieces of banana. Then I placed them diagonally in square wonton wrappers and sprinkled them with a mixture of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. I folded the edges in and rolled them up like eggrolls - and baked them in a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes (or until golden brown). They were yum!

That was my delayed post for the month.. =).. Although Spring Break has gone by way too fast.. I'm looking forward to another week of weight loss progress! Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: