working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2007

such an inspiration...

On Saturday after our incredibly greuling training we had the pleasure of making bag lunches for the families at the Ronald McDonald House. (Really I shouldn't say we, considering they were done by the time I returned to the House - way to go team!). I hung around for a while after to get some photos of the families getting lunches - they were so appreciative! It truly is the little things.

On the way out, we encountered some familiar faces (well, familiar to me). The adorable twins, Yurelia and Fiorella, were sitting out front of the House with their grandmother. I had seen their photos in the newspaper, and in press releases from the hospital. They are staying at the House while waiting to undergo surgery to separate them.. as they are conjoined. They are the sweetest little girls, and their grandmother was a delight to talk to. That is why I'm doing this...

http://www.lpch.org/NewsEvents/NewsReleases/2007/twins.html

this article has an adorable picture of the girls:
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=5865

SO CUTE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Jenn, I am so proud of you. I had no idea what was going on in your life until recently, and all I can say is WOW!!! You truly are amazing. I believe in you, and I know that you can do this;)

HUGS