working towards a better me... 1 pound at a time.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

hanging out at the house..

visiting the house!! (with my "team RMH" hat on!!)














A few members of the team went over to the house yesterday to cook "breakfast for dinner" for the families there. Although there weren't too many families around the house while we were there.. it was really nice to pitch in a little and provide them with a meal. The house provides the facilities to cook, but the meals are not included in the $10 a night it costs to stay there. Our cooking was greatly appreciated by those who ate, and I enjoyed seeing the families there.

I recruited Kris (my boyfriend) to help, and we cooked mickey mouse waffles and bacon. It was fun! I think the best part was seeing kids having a place to run around a play.. an environment so unlike the hospital. Imagine what it would be like to spend so much time in a hospital that you're constantly reminded of why you're there. So many of these children are going through chemotherapy, or waiting for surgeries and transplants.. but they were running around and playing like any other kids.

It's always nice to be reminded of what you're working towards.

I took a few pictures, and I'll post them up as soon as I get them onto the computer.

added.. 08/11/07

1 comment:

Nana Lily said...

Pukcookachoo, you make THE best cookies in the world! I'm sure that your Mickey Mouse waffles are just as good. You are HOT!, keep up the good work that you do for others, your family and yourself! YOU can do anything you set your mind to. Let me know if you need me there to cheer you on to the finish line.
Love,
Your Lillian xoxox